Date:      Thu, 05 Jun 1997 08:46:24 +0200
From:      "P. van Leeuwen" <pvl@nanoteq.com>
To:        Queen Rusty <isis@servtech.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PnP OPL3 soundcard problem

> I am running 3.0-970502-SNAP and just bought a OPL3 soundcard and have added it
> to the kernel and made the sound devices in /dev , i grabbed some ports and
> ran 'rplayd' and get the following error:
>
> SoundCard Error: The soundcard system has not been configured
>
> I get this error for most sound program I try to run.
>
> Any help would be great, or a pointer to a program to configure it.

Is the card actually detected at bootup? Check your dmesg. It is a PnP card, so maybe
you should check out OSS/FreeBSD at www.4front-tech.com. Works pretty well
with PnP.  FreeBSD doesn't have PnP support.

If it is detected, what happens if you cat some wav file to the audio device?

pierre
--
Pierre van Leeuwen

E-mail : pvl@nanoteq.com