Date:      Tue, 9 Dec 2008 15:11:20 -0600
From:      "Chris Coleman" <chrisc@vmunix.com>
To:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Losing keyboard after extended wait on USB KVM

I've got a 16 port USB IP KVM switch that I've got about 8 FBSD 7.0
machines plugged into. When I first plug them in, everything is great.
However, after a couple of days, or maybe less, I switch back to one
of the FBSD machines to do some maintenance and it is unresponsive.
There is nothing wrong with the machine, because I can use the VPN and
ssh into them.  It appears that the USB connection to the KVM switch
has disappeared.  Unplugging and re-plugging in the USB connection
fixes the problem, but that is problematic since I have to call the
datacenter and have them do it each time I need KVM access.

Any thoughts on where I would start troubleshooting this problem?

--
Chris Coleman 	--  http://songnumbers.com