Date:      Thu, 17 Feb 2000 00:56:43 +0000
From:      George Cox <gjvc@gjvc.com>
To:        Dave Hummel <sysadmin@white-directory.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: problems with Openldap

On 16/02 11:22, Dave Hummel wrote:

> Is anyone successfully running openldap?
>
> I am running the latest port (1.2.9) on 3.4-stable.  Throughout the day
> the process continually grows consuming all memory and swap (256 + 256)
> until it eventually fails on realloc and dies. On the openldap mailing
> list someone (from redhat) suggested that:
>
> "I've seen this behaviour if openldap isnt compiled with -D_REENTRANT_ on
> linux. With 1.2.x it seems the configure script doesnt add it
> automatically. Adding that to CFLAGS or whereever

I'm having the same problem, but I haven't got a Linux machine handy on
which to try it.  See my query on openldap-software and the possible
answers -- OpenLDAP is supposed to be used with Berkeley DB 2.77.  The
version included with the base system on FreeBSD is 1.85.  Unfortuately,
the licence conditions of DB 2.x are not liberal enough for FreeBSD.  I
would like to see DB 3.x as part of the base system, so we can stay up to
date with parts of our heritage. :-)  But that's another matter.

best;

gjvc

--
[gjvc]