Date:      Sat, 9 May 1998 06:14:39 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <ac199@hwcn.org>
To:        Steven Plite <splite@purdue.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: where to buy Happy Hacking keyboard in US?

On Fri, 8 May 1998, Steven Plite wrote:

> Anybody know where to buy Happy Hacking keyboards in the US?  Any other
> recommendations for a small-footprint keyboard (sans the Bill "I can make
> hardware manufacturers add any stupid feature I want" Gates' Ego keys?)

Just remap those keys to the Ctrl/Alt keys (my "menu" and "right
window" key are mapped to enter, actually).

What I really want is to use my left window key as a modifier key
(for the purposes of shifting [hjkl] to the arrow keys, and [+=]
to [|\]), but I think I need to hack kbdcontrol(1) before it can
manage that.  If I like the way that works, I might even move
right shift over to the [-_] key and left-window as the modifier
to return the [-_] key.

You might find you actually begin to like them.  :)

--
This .sig is not innovative, witty, or profund.