Date:      Fri, 06 Jul 2001 11:37:22 +0900
From:      Motoyuki Konno <motoyuki@bsdclub.org>
To:        Dima Dorfman <dima@unixfreak.org>
Cc:        www@freebsd.org, doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Multiple $FreeBSD$ lines in sgml files

Dima Dorfman <dima@unixfreak.org> wrote:
> Half of the files under www/ have two $FreeBSD$ lines; one is used to
> define the 'date' entity, and one is in a comment.  The second one
> really isn't necessary; it's just another line that changes when
> someone commits to the file.  Any reason not to remove them?

Please see the commit logs of www/en/applications.sgml rev 1.15.

commit logs:
--------
$Id$,$Date$ -> $FreeBSD$
The jury is out on $Date$, but it's presently not being expanded..
--------

I think we should use $Date$ instead of $FreeBSD$ in 'date' entity
if the problem ($Date$ not being expanded) has been solved.