Date:      Tue, 01 Mar 2005 16:50:04 -0600
From:      Art Mason <amason@rackspace.com>
To:        Kipp Holger <h.kipp@eurowings.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can FreeBSD be installed on DellPowerEdge2800 ?

Indeed, just installed on a customer's server last night, and I build
SMP support into the GENERIC kernel this morning.  Only issues I
encountered has to do w/ recognizing the full 4GB of RAM, but this
apparently has some compatibility issues w/ the amr driver.
As per Holger's comments about disabling USB in BIOS, this is a good
suggestion, since the DRAC apparently causes some IRQ issues w/ the PS/2
keyboard controller, or something along those lines.  Regardless, these
2850 boxes are stupid fast, and I'm looking forward to benchmarking 5.3
on them.

--

Art Mason
Technical Support - Team F