Date:      Mon, 23 Apr 2001 08:19:18 +1000 (EST)
From:      "Aaron Hill" <fbsdlist@futureuse.net>
To:        Drew.Tomlinson@lc.ca.gov
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Perl / ZoneEdit Question - Perl Modules/Libraries

> Or better yet, is there anyone that has
> done the same and is willing to help me offline?  I'd appreciate any
> assistance.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Drew

Drew,

I don't want to stop you from learning Perl but I have an account with
ZoneEdit and I thought it might help you to see another way to update your
ZoneEdit account from FreeBSD.

Basically I use the wget utility which you can build
from /usr/ports/ftp/wget or there's a package file on the FreeBSD CD-ROM
too. This is the wget command I use ...

/usr/local/bin/wget --http-user=USERNAME --http-
passwd=PASSWORD 'http://dynamic.zoneedit.com/auth/dynamic.html?
host=HOST.DOMAIN.COM'

.... obviously you need to change the uppercase part of that command to suit
your account and domain setup. Be careful of the wget example on the
ZoneEdit site - it doesn't work.

I use PPPoE so I've got the command in a shell script that is called
from /etc/ppp/ppp.linkup.

Good luck with Perl.

Aaron