Date:      Mon, 7 Aug 1995 00:28:18 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        tom@misery.sdf.com (Tom Samplonius)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: /etc/services addition

>   Could someone add the following patch to /etc/services?  I
> proposed this idea some time ago, and no one came up with anything
> negative.
>
>   Radius is currently on its third ietf draft.  Implementations are
> available from Merit and Livingston.

The proper way for this to happen is for the IANA RFC to be reissued
with these in it.  Otherwise these are not official, and should not
be in any production release code.

Please, do not change /etc/services from IANA assignment, that is the
_book_ on these.

In cases that FreeBSD is shipping software with the base system that
has not been officially assigned port numbers it is reasonable to add
them with a comment.  FreeBSD is not currently shipping and radius
services.