Date:      Sun, 9 Jun 2002 12:41:43 -0500
From:      David Syphers <dsyphers@uchicago.edu>
To:        Mikko Tyolajarvi <mikko@dynas.se>, vlad@ariel.phys.wesleyan.edu
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: burncd audio problem

On Saturday 08 June 2002 03:42 pm, Mikko Tyolajarvi wrote:
> In local.freebsd.stable you write:
>
> >FreeBSD ariel.phys.wesleyan.edu 4.6-RC FreeBSD 4.6-RC #32: Wed May 29
> >LG CD-RW
> >>burncd -t -f /dev/acd0c -d audio heart_beat_wisdom.wav
memories_of_xanadu.wav shambhalla.wav symphony_for_shangila.wav
> >>writing from file heart_beat_wisdom.wav size 103621 KB
> >>only wrote -1 of 37632 bytes err=16
> >>writing from file memories_of_xanadu.wav size 75303 KB
> >>only wrote -1 of 37632 bytes err=16
> >nothing gets written.
> >The writing of .iso images works fine. What did I miss ?
>
> A few open bugs in the PR database indicating problems writing audio
> CDs with LG drives...  Basically a known problem with no known fix.

The PR I'm familiar with
(http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=misc/27893) now has a proposed
patch by Søren.  Try the patch and give him feedback (I only just discovered
the patch, so I have yet to test it myself).

-David

--
Everyone who believes in telekinesis, raise my hand...

Astronomy and Astrophysics Center
The University of Chicago