Date:      Tue, 24 Jul 2001 19:01:24 -0400
From:      Randall Hopper <aa8vb@nc.rr.com>
To:        Sperber <sperber@w3.brgkepler.asn-graz.ac.at>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: TV, fxtv, too slow

Sperber:
 |> Do some searches on groups.google.com for your motherboard.  Could be
 |> anything -- BIOS AGP/PCI settings or BIOS version-specific problems
 |> maybe?
 |
 |Last night i upgraded my freeBSD to the newest stable version...
 |And I also had a look on the newest BIOS version - I have the newest...
 |:/
 |Any further ideas?

No, nothing definite.  Perhaps try verifying the AGP & PCI BIOS parameters,
Seem to recall some issues related to PCI latency back in the early bktr
days.  Also, some folks recently have cleared up X problems by increasing
their AGP memory hole size.  Verify PnP OS installed = No.  etc.  Also, saw
you were running XFree86 4.1.0.  If you're not, maybe try running the
latest CVS head (Eric's write-up at http://gladstone.uoregon.edu/~eanholt/dri
is very good).

Good luck!

Randall