Date:      Thu, 12 Oct 2000 08:50:00 +0200 (CEST)
From:      "Thomas Runge" <runge@rostock.zgdv.de>
To:        chip@chocobo.cx
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Web cam solution

On Wed, 11 Oct 2000, Chip Marshall wrote:

> I am currently working on a project involving a single board computer
> that, among other things, is supposed to grab images and upload them
> into a database. Currently, I'm using an old Connectix QuickCam 2,
> with the cqcam software. This works fine, but the problem is that
> these cams are hard to find, and can't be placed very far from the
> computer. So, I'm looking for another solution.

There is a very nice webcam, which is actually a real computer (based
on Hitachi Super-H family sh3 processor) with a real operating
system (NetBSD).
It completely supports all NetBSD features, even IPv6. It comes with
PCMCIA slots, so just put your pcmcia ethernet card or ISDN card in
it and you are done.

This is the URL:

 http://www.brains.co.jp/eng-ver/e-mmeye/

--