Date:      Sat, 06 Feb 1999 04:37:17 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        announce@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Guido van Rooij resigns from core team and security officer post.

This is just a short note to let people know that Guido van Rooij,
long a core member and senior security officer for the project, is
resigning those duties in favor of a more relaxed, less time-intensive
role with the project.

We in the core team are all as sad to see Guido go as Guido is to
leave, and this is purely a matter of scheduling for him, not the
result of any sort of internal conflict.  Guido simply no longer feels
that he has the time available to make the kind of contribution he
wishes to make as a core member and security officer and would rather
step down entirely from those roles than to contribute less than he's
comfortable with.  We respect this and have already run through the
list of possible alternative scenarios with Guido, this being the one
he's most comfortable with.  Guido is not leaving the project entirely
by any means and will still continue to try and contribute where he
can, simply longer at his current pace.

Please join me in wishing Guido the best of luck in his return to the
real world and hopefully a functional social life once again!

- Jordan

This is the moderated mailing list freebsd-announce.
The list contains announcements of new FreeBSD capabilities,
important events and project milestones.
See also the FreeBSD Web pages at http://www.freebsd.org