Date:      Mon, 14 May 2001 15:55:44 +0200
From:      Gerhard Sittig <Gerhard.Sittig@gmx.net>
To:        FreeBSD-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Thinkpad, moused, and FBSD4.3

On Mon, May 14, 2001 at 08:52 -0400, Tom Gwilt wrote:

> Everything works so far - network, XFree with icewm, etc.
> Everything except the cut and paste feature of the mouse.
> [ ... slight rearrangement by me -- G.S. ... ]
> Highlighting text is no problem, but it just won't copy/paste
> like a regular mouse does on any other FreeBSD box I use.

You do use the second (read:  middle) button, don't you?  Since
that's the paste button.  The first (left) one selects, the third
(right) one extends the selection.  X and DoS button numbering
differ in this respect, as you might know.

> moused is running in text mode, and the XF86Config file uses
> /dev/sysmouse.

This should be OK.  There have been (not numerous, but many)
threads recently.  Watch the _protocol_ X expects (I think it
should be "MouseSystems" out of /dev/sysmouse, "SysMouse" is said
to not always work).

virtually yours   82D1 9B9C 01DC 4FB4 D7B4  61BE 3F49 4F77 72DE DA76
Gerhard Sittig   true | mail -s "get gpg key" Gerhard.Sittig@gmx.net