Date:      Tue, 16 Oct 2001 13:41:04 -0200
From:      "Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira" <lioux@uol.com.br>
To:        John Merryweather Cooper <john_m_cooper@yahoo.com>
Cc:        marcel@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problem with emulators/linux_base-7 conflicting with devel/understand_ada

Hi,

On Mon, Oct 15, 2001 at 10:59:55PM -0700, John Merryweather Cooper wrote:
> First, let me say that I know that devel/understand_ada is dependent on
> emulators/linux_base (the RH6 version).  Strictly speaking, therefore,
> this is not a bug with understand_ada.  But because StarOffice 6.0 is
> much, much happier with linux_base-7 (which the port now requires), and
> because the linux_base ports are mutually exclusive (as presently
> configured), I have this little problem . . .

	It is wonderful that you use understand_ada. :) Please, let
Scitools know about it. They were considering a FreeBSD native version
but required prompt user desire for that. ;-)

> emulators/linux_base-7 lacks a 'strip' in /compat/linux/usr/bin (or
> anywhere else).  This causes devel/understand_ada to fail because a
> linux 'strip' doesn't exist to be executed.  It would be real nice if
> linux_base-7 had a 'strip' executable.

	I'll commit a in-between fix: I'll do the strip conditional
to the existence of the binary. When the strip command gets added,
please let me know .... unfortunaly, I don't use the new linux base
so I won't notice when it gets strip.

	Regards,

--
Mario S F Ferreira - UnB - Brazil - "I guess this is a signature."
lioux at ( freebsd dot org | linf dot unb dot br )