Date:      Mon, 13 Feb 1995 07:47:17 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Clay D. Hopperdietzel" <hoppy@appsmiths.com>
To:        davidg@Root.COM
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: GDB still broken?

::
:: >
:: >Hi,
:: >
:: >I saw a commit message go by sometime either yesterday or day before about
:: >something being fixed which was intended to repair GDB causing kernel panics.
:: >
:: >I supped current earlier today (about 2PMcst) and rebuilt, but alas the problem
:: >still seems to be there.  In particular, I get:
::
::    Are you sure you rebuilt and reinstalled a new kernel?? The bug was of
:: course in the kernel, not in gdb.
::
:: -DG
::
I believe I did.  After I supped, I stomped the whole 'compile' directory,
reran config, and did a make in the compile directory, mv'ed to /

I went ahead and supped again this morning, and am rebuilding the whole
kernel from scratch again, in case I lost my mind somehow yesterday.

In the meantime, is there anything I can look for to make sure I actually got
the change you meant to make through sup?

I should also say the executable I'm aiming it at is pretty fat.  I've got
16MB of ram, but loading this monster in GDB pages the bejeezus out of
my box.  I'll also try it with something smaller, & let you know my findings.