Date:      Mon, 3 Jan 2005 17:50:21 +0100
From:      J65nko BSD <j65nko@gmail.com>
To:        tethys ocean <tethys.ocean@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD_Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: defered mail

On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 10:23:07 +0200, tethys ocean <tethys.ocean@gmail.com> wrote:
> My problem is about defered mail.  On our server sendmail is running
> and sometimes some mail defered. I am researching how I can get
> managed to send defer mail information to senders?  I am taking a mail
> from root but sender didnt take a mail that consist "your mail defered
> bla bla bla....so I will take next tree minutes".. is it possible? if
> it is possible how I can manage?
>
> in sendmail.cf
>
>          O Timeout.queuereturn=2d
>          O Timeout.queuewarn=4h
>          O Timeout.queuewarn.normal=4h
>
> mailq
>                 /var/spool/mqamavis (5 requests)
> -----Q-ID----- --Size-- -----Q-Time-----
>  ------------Sender/Recipient-----------
>  iBVC8fpT049046-    6361 Fri Dec 31 14:12 <alex@xxx.com>
>                   (host map: lookup (bbscomputer.net): deferred)
>                                           <info@bbscomputer.net>
>  iBVCIB9u051147-    6361 Fri Dec 31 14:21 <alex@xxx.com>
>                   (host map: lookup (bbscomputer.net): deferred)
>                                           <info@bbscomputer.net>
>  iBVDjmck072838-   19579 Fri Dec 31 15:46 <alex@xxx.com>
>                   (host map: lookup (gesan.com.tr): deferred)
>                                           <gesan@gesan.com.tr>
>  iBV68HLM055154-      30 Fri Dec 31 08:08 <tethys@xxxl.com>
>                   (host map: lookup (active.net): deferred)
>                                           <info@active.net>
>  iBVAnlhq030740-  354708 Fri Dec 31 12:49 <toto@xxxl.com>
>                   (host map: lookup (jungletree.org): deferred)
>                                           <theo@jungletree.org>
>                  Total requests: 5

As far as I can see, there is not much what you can do about it ;)

$ host bbscomputer.net

$ host gesan.com.tr
Host gesan.com.tr not found: 2(SERVFAIL)

$ host active.net
active.net has address 12.161.44.180
$ host -t mx active.net
active.net mail is handled by 10 mail.active.net.
$ host mail.active.net
Host mail.active.net not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)

$ host jungletree.org
Host jungletree.org not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)

=Adriaan=