Date:      Fri, 9 Apr 2021 18:11:56 +0800
From:      Simon Wright <simon.wright@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Specific svn/git package update use case

Excellent Mark, thank you, then that is exactly what I need, the git
equivilent of svn up -r xxxxxx ${portsdir}.

And is there a need to do git-commit or git-merge to deal with the
'detached HEAD' message or can I just suppress this? Any local
modifications live in an overlay for poudriere to use so there is
nothing unique in my /usr/ports and I only track main, no other branches.