Date:      Wed, 9 Sep 2009 16:57:11 -0600
From:      Chad Perrin <perrin@apotheon.com>
Subject:   Re: are there any notebooks with mouse-sticks?

--EeQfGwPcQSOJBaQU

On Wed, Sep 09, 2009 at 02:08:36PM -0700, Gary Kline wrote:
>=20
> I'm looking for a small computer, 7-10" screen that has a ThinkPad-like s=
tick
> to act as the mouse.  Pref'ly, no touch-pad.  The ASUS and just about eve=
ry other
> notebook-size device has this kind of scratch-n-sniff pad; unfortunately,=
 it looks
> as tho my palm would go there.  (I *did* see a separate mouse [and other =
add-ons]
> for the EEE; that might be a work around.)

I sympathize with your desire for a trackpoint (instead of a touchpad),
and this is one reason I keep getting ThinkPads for my laptops.
Unfortunately, I don't know of any "netbooks" that come with trackpoints.
I hope you get an answer on this list so I'll get one as well (with the
obvious preference for FreeBSD, or at least *some* BSD Unix,
compatibility).

--=20
Quoth Philip Machanick: "caution: if you write code like this,
immediately after you are fired the person assigned to maintaining your
code after you leave will resign"

--EeQfGwPcQSOJBaQU

--EeQfGwPcQSOJBaQU--