Date:      Thu, 16 Jan 1997 07:40:41 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Paul T. Root" <proot@horton.iaces.com>
To:        tdsmith@topeka.cjnetworks.com (Troy Smith)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: hardware not listed on web page--compatible?

In a previous message, Troy Smith said:

> Tyan Tomcat I, bios 2.12
> P5/133
> 512K cache
> 128MB RAM
> Buslogic BT-958 (ultra/wide)
	Well, there's a BT-956, if they're related (i.e. the wide version),
	it might work.
> Seagate ST32155W (2G ultra/wide SCSI drive)
> Matrox Millenium 4MB (reportedly supported under latest revision of XFree)
	Yes, XFree86 3.2 has a driver for it.
> NEC 4x4 IDE 4 disc changer (has BIOS support!)
	You might have some trouble here. From what I read, ATAPI CD-Rom's are
	figity, and work best as the slave of the primary controller. Though
	much work has gone on for the 2.2 Beta (and release when it comes).
	I don't know how (if) FreeBSD handles changers.
> MultiTech 2834BC (aka 2834ZDX) v.34 modem
	Just what I have, works great.
> 3Com 3C900 Etherlink XL combo card
	don't know. Do you mean 3C509?
> HP 4C color flatbed scanner w/ bundled Symbios Logic 8-bit SCSI card
	Why do you have this on a separate card? It should work just
	fine on the Buslogic SCSI card.
> HP DeskJet 660C
	Ghostscript will gladly convert PS to this.
> HP4L laser printer
	Ditto.

--
"Tahiti is not in Europe!"
"When you get the black box, you can give geography lessons. Until then