Date:      Mon, 12 Jun 2000 16:39:32 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Peter Losher <Peter.Losher@nominum.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   NetSaint v0.0.5 | FreeBSD v3.4-STABLE issues.

(This message will also be sent to netsaint-users as well)

Hi,

	I am trying to get Netsaint v0.0.5 running on a FreeBSD
v3.4-STABLE system.  Configuring and compiling NetSaint was a breeze, and
I followed the instructions for installing NetSaint. (as well as creating
the netsaint user and group)  However, I cannot seem to get NetSaint to
run (I can get the .cgi's, et. al. to work just fine).

Either I get:

-=-
# /usr/local/netsaint/bin/netsaint -d /usr/local/netsaint/etc/netsaint.cfg
Bad system call(core dumped)

-or-

t# su - netsaint -c "cd
/usr/local/netsaint/var; /usr/local/netsaint/bin/netsaint
/usr/local/netsaint/etc/netsaint.cfg"

NetSaint 0.0.5
Copyright (c) 1999-2000 Ethan Galstad (netsaint@netsaint.org)
Last Modified: 04-26-2000
License: GPL

Bad system call - core dumped
-=-

or I run the startup script (which is Linux-based with status and
functions), which doesn't do anything (Does anyone have the script that
works on a *BSD system?)

Does anyone that is running NetSaint on a FreeBSD system have any hints on
how to get this to run?

Thanks!

Best Wishes - Peter
--
Peter Losher   				      <Peter.Losher@nominum.com>
Systems Admin. - Nominum, Inc.              PGP key available on request