Date:      06 Jun 2000 11:01:07 -0400
From:      Chris Shenton <cshenton@uucom.com>
To:        Eduardo Cerejo <ecerejo@idt.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Printer recommendations

On Sat, 03 Jun 2000 13:22:19 -0400, Eduardo Cerejo <ecerejo@idt.net> said:

Eduardo> I'm planning to buy a new printer (ink jet) and I'm willing
Eduardo> to spend anywhere between $150.00 to $250.00, can anybody
Eduardo> recommend a decent one that will work with FreeBSD 3.4
Eduardo> Release?  Thanks

I've been very happy with the HP932c inkjet; $200 at a brick-n-mortar
store, a bit less online. USB, Parallel. Nice paper handling. Quiet,
reasonably fast. Good price. HP reputation for reliability. I've used
it on 3.4 and 4.0. Build the wonderful apsprint package from ports.

Avoid LexMark: proprietary protocol so WinDoze-only drivers. Most
expensive ink costs in the industry too.