Date:      Sat, 28 May 2005 11:32:38 -0500
From:      Paul Schmehl <pauls@utdallas.edu>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mail/mulberry problem

--On Saturday, May 28, 2005 09:51:55 AM +0200 Mathieu Arnold <mat@mat.cc>=20
wrote:

> +-le 25/05/2005 11:25 -0500, Paul Schmehl =E9crivait :
>| I'm setting up a new workstation with 5.4 RELEASE, and I installed
>| mail/mulberry yesterday.  (We have a license for it, and I love it.)
>|
>| The install completed without any errors, but when I try to start
>| mulberry, I get this:
>|
>| pauls@utd59514$ /usr/local/bin/mulberry
>| /usr/local/bin/mulberry: error while loading shared libraries:
>| libXext.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>|
>| ldconfig shows that the library is registered:
>| pauls@utd59514$ ldconfig -r | grep libXext
>|         96:-lXext.6 =3D> /usr/X11R6/lib/libXext.so.6
>|
>| How can I fix this?  I'll go into withdrawal if I can't use mulberry.
>| :-)
>
> You could put :
> [/usr/local/bin/mulberry]
> libXext.so.6  /usr/X11R6/lib/libXext.so.6
>
> in your /etc/libmap.conf (it won't exist, so, you'll have to create it)

Thanks.  That's good to know.  I've since formatted the box and started=20
over (for other reasons) and this time mulberry installed and ran just=20
fine.  Obviously I did something wrong last time.

Paul Schmehl (pauls@utdallas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member