Date:      Fri, 8 Nov 2002 22:29:05 -0500 (EST)
From:      Andrew Atrens <atrens@nortelnetworks.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        Bernhard Valenti <bernhard.valenti@gmx.net>
Subject:   Re: NVidia Drivers Released !

Not working for me either - (with glx that is) - I get a SIGNAL 11 either
during or following the load of libglx.so.1 and X hangs hard ( need kill
-9 to dislodge it, and I lose all the virtual consoles).

I'm running -stable (world and kernel) from today, and XFree86-cvs from
today.

Without glx it works, and is pretty darn fast :)

In either mode I see quite a few of these -

(EE) NVIDIA(0): Failed to obtain a shared memory identifier.

which is strange because I've rebuilt my kernel to set aside a pile of
what I think it wants -

kern.ipc.shmmax: 33554432
kern.ipc.shmmin: 1
kern.ipc.shmmni: 768
kern.ipc.shmseg: 128
kern.ipc.shmall: 8192
kern.ipc.shm_use_phys: 0

This on a Dell GX200 (has the nvidia chip integrated on the mobo) -

The kernel module reports -

nvidia0: <RIVA TNT2 Model 64> mem 0xf8000000-0xf9ffffff,0xfd000000-0xfdffffff irq 9 at device 0.0 on pci1

This card has only 16MB I believe.

I haven't added the VideoRam option to the card section of XF86Config yet,
but I have tried with all values of Option "NvAgp" to no effect.

Andrew.