Date:      Thu, 06 Aug 1998 09:43:42 +0100
From:      Roger Hardiman <roger@cs.strath.ac.uk>
To:        Caller@cqi.com
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Philips FI1236 can't link to their server

Hal T. Miller wrote:

> I'm trying to find info & software Window 95 drivers
> for Philips FI1236 TV Video card (8bit) for PC.

Hal, unfortunatly you have posted your question to the FreeBSD
multimedia user's group. FreeBSD is a UNIX operating system and
so we cannot help with Microsoft Windows questions.

I suggest you post your question to one of the Windows newsgroups
such as comp.sys.ibm.pc.windows (or something like that anyway).
You can do this via a news program or at www.dejanews.com

Finally, the Philips FI1236 part is just the Tuner circuit.
It is _not_ the make of the TV Video card.
(It is like asking who made your Jeans when the fly is a YKK zipper)
You need to look for names like Hauppauge or Creative Labs on the
card and find their web sites.(eg www.hauppauge.com / www.creative.com)

Bye
Roger Hardiman
Strathclyde Uni Telepresence Group