Date:      Mon, 2 Oct 2000 20:39:00 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Christopher Dempsey <chris@ic.ucsb.edu>
Subject:   gethostbyaddr, atrun errors

Thanks for the quick response on the GeForce GTS issue.  A few more
questions, puhleeze:

1) I am getting the persistent gethostbyaddr sendmail message to root.  I
am behind a firewall, and using a 192.168.x.x IP address, so it will not
be able to find a real hostname.  In fact, right now all I would like to
do is only have internal mail through the LAN.  Is there any way to
disable either external sendmail, or trick it into thinking that
chris@chris is a valid email/host name, or disable to root messages?

2) Root is also getting a cron error email every five minutes due to
atrun:
<snip>
Subject: Cron <root@chris> root /usr/libexec/atrun

root: not found
</snip>
I have the correct crontab entry as per the atrun man page (it is pretty
specific!).  Same type of questions: can I disable atrun, disable logging,
or actually fix it?

Many thanks in advance!