Date:      Tue, 06 Jun 1995 12:32:18 -0400
From:      "Brian J. McGovern" <mcgovern@spoon.beta.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   2.0.5 BETA - missing OS using whole disk

Well, I just tried a FreeBSD 2.0.5 Install using the "whole disk"
when fdisking. I get "Missing Operating system" when trying to boot
(booting from install floppy and selecting sd(0,a)/kernel works
fine.

This is an adaptec 1542CF on two seagate 3GB drives. I did notice
a small "unused" partition before and after the FreeBSD one. I can't
edit or delete them in any way shape or form. I've double checked
to make sure there is no disk translation happening. Comments
are welcome.
	-Brian