Date:      Mon, 18 Oct 2004 11:01:36 -0700
From:      Aleksandr Milewski <zandr@asperasoft.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   PCI-E Marvell Yukon?

Apologies if this is in a FAQ (or worse, I'm posting to the wrong list).
  *BSD is somewhat new to me as most of my *nix experience is with that
Finnish OS. :)

Having reached my wits end with NISTnet/netem, I'm trying to build a
fast (~1Gb/s) Dummynet machine, and the machines I have available are
Asus P5GDC-V boards and SysKonnect SK-9E21D NICs.

Both of these are Marvell Yukon chips on PCI-Express. FreeBSD (I last
tried 5.3Beta6) doesn't see these at all, but happily detects the cheap
and nasty rtk I tossed in as a management interface.

Is there any way to get these NICs running under FreeBSD? This is a lab
machine, so I'm quite happy to be on the bleeding edge if necessary.

Any wisdom would be appreciated, I'd rather not have to replace these
machines to get sk's on conventional PCI (which I know I can make work).

Thanks in advance,
Zandr