Date:      Mon, 16 Oct 2000 17:30:17 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jamie Bowden <ragnar@sysabend.org>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1 not found

After my extensive battle with my hardware and getting freebsd 4.4.1-R to
boot from CD, I have now hit another brick wall.  I checked the ERRATA.TXT
file and it's unchanged from original release.

After a successfull install, sysinstall tells me to remove cds, floppies,
anything else that might potentially boot instead of the internal hdd,
etc.  All is well and good, the machine comes back up, Boot Magic has an
entry for FreeBSD's partition, things are going well.

Then the kernel loads init.  I get lots of errors about
/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1 not found.  I proceed to c-a-d, and boot single
user.  A quick cd into /usr/libexec and an ls later, I see the directory
is empty, save ld.so.a.  Now, I've been running FreeBSD for a long time,
but I have yet to have this happen.  Is this a known bug?  Has anyone else
run across this?

Please CC me in all replys, as I am not sub'd to this list.

Jamie Bowden

--
"It was half way to Rivendell when the drugs began to take hold"
Hunter S Tolkien "Fear and Loathing in Barad Dur"