Date:      Tue, 9 Jul 1996 12:04:47 -0700
From:      paulc@seas.ucla.edu
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   harddrive partition

Hi,
	I recenly purchased FreeBSD2.1 and am having a hard time
installing the thing.  I read through the documentations and
help pages, little mention of my problem.  I was wondering if you can
help out.

	I have a 1GB SCSI drive, partitioned into 3 drives.
First is 100MB (primary) for dos programs; the other two are in
an extended partition.  Within the extended partiton, I created 2 logical
paritions, 500MB (win95) and 400MB (potential UNIX); respectively

	When I ran FIPS, indicates only two drives, I guess
the 100MB and the 900MB.  If I continue with splitting the 2nd drive, will
that kill my win95?

I'm new to installing UNIX, can you give me a step by step procedure or
at least giveme some hints as to how to proceed.

thanks.

Paul Chen
e-mail: paulc@seas.ucla.edu