Date:      Tue, 18 Aug 1998 08:52:10 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Spidey <beaupran@JSP.UMontreal.CA>
To:        Leonard Chung <leonard@slip.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Procmail for e-mail forwarding?

On Tue, 18 Aug 1998, Leonard Chung wrote:

> I have an e-mail account on a FreeBSD machine, which has an e-mail alias
> (i.e. I can be e-mailed at either leonard@slip.net or othername@slip.net).
> I am moving to another mail server, and would like to have my current
> server forward e-mail to the new one.  However, I only want messages sent
> to the leonard@slip.net address forwarded and messages sent to othername
> to remain stored on the old server as normal.
>
> I'm thinking that a .forward and procmail would probably be the right
> solution, but I don't know a thing about procmail at all.  Can anyone help
> me with writing the ruleset?

I'm not sure I understand, but you can simply do:
echo 'newname@new.server' > ~leonard/.forward

This will create a .forward file telling to forward all mail arriving at
leonard@slip.net to newname@new.server (which you should replace by the
new server name...)

> Thanks,

Hope this helps...

Spidey

How 'bout a little ride through your own world?
http://www.JSP.UMontreal.CA/~beaupran/