Date:      Tue, 12 Jan 2010 00:10:52 +0300
From:      Vladimir Grebenschikov <vova@fbsd.ru>
To:        Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky@c2i.net>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org, freebsd-current@freebsd.org, freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [FreeBSD 8/9] USB webcamd and video4bsd: Call for testing

Hi=20

Thanks you for efforts!

I've tested it with=20
ugen4.2: <USB 2.0 Camera Vimicro Corp> at usbus4, cfg=3D0 md=3DHOST spd=3DH=
IGH (480Mbps) pwr=3DON
on 9-CURRENT

pwcview works fine:
$ ./pwcview/pwcview
Webcam set to: 320x240 (sif) at 5 fps

skype detects video device, but shows only black window instead of picture.

build webcamd.c with debug shows:
$ ./webcamd
Probing for 0.0.0
KrefGet: 0x483e2304 =3D 1
KrefGet: 0x483e2304 =3D 2
KrefGet: 0x483e2554 =3D 1
KrefGet: 0x483e2610 =3D 1
Added device 0x48318b04
KrefGet: 0x48318b08 =3D 1
Received command 1 0x00000000
KrefGet: 0x48318b08 =3D 2
Status =3D 0
Received command 5 0x40047601
Status =3D -22
Received command 5 0x403c7601
Status =3D 0
Received command 5 0x400e7606
Status =3D 0
Received command 5 0x800e7607
Status =3D -22
Received command 5 0x800e7607
Status =3D 0
Received command 5 0x40207609
Status =3D 0
Received command 5 0x8020760a
Status =3D 0
... and then in loop:
Status =3D -22
Received command 3 0x00025800
Status =3D -22
Received command 3 0x00025800
Status =3D -22
Received command 3 0x00025800
Status =3D -22
Received command 3 0x00025800
Status =3D -22
Received command 3 0x00025800

Side question, is it possible to use audio microphone of USB camera ?