Date:      Wed, 14 Jan 2004 13:15:23 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        phk@phk.freebsd.dk
Cc:        david.brinegar@acm.org
Subject:   Re: About removable disks, mountroot and sw-raid

In message: <27183.1074107137@critter.freebsd.dk>
            "Poul-Henning Kamp" <phk@phk.freebsd.dk> writes:
: In message <20040114105700.H73725@carver.gumbysoft.com>, Doug White writes:
:
: >It would be nice to make the wait tunable since most conditions won't
: >require it and there's no sense in delaying everyone's boot for a few
: >bizarre disk setups.
:
: You boot would not be delayed in the normal case.  The delays only apply
: to how long time we want for an expected disk to show up.

What are there plans to allow disks to arrive after we give up?
Obviously if we give up, we'll be at the root> prompt, but if a disk
is a little late, it would be nice to be able to say 'da0s1a' and have
it find this device, rather than hard wiring the available devices at
the time that the first root> prompt is given.

Warner