Date:      Tue, 13 Nov 2007 17:50:41 -0500
From:      "Benjie Chen" <benjie@addgene.org>
To:        Simon <simon@optinet.com>
Cc:        Sean McAfee <smcafee@collaborativefusion.com>, "freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org" <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: PERC5 (LSI MegaSAS) Patrol Read crashes

If you disable PR, the problem will go away. Below are some useful commands.
Sean mentioned that you could disable it, then set it to do an automatic PR
1 hour after you restart the automatic PR. automatic PR does not crash the
system definitively, but manual PR does. So during your downtime, you could
try to do an automatic PR...

# Disables patrol reads on all adapters
megacli -AdpPR -Dsbl -aALL

# Enables automatic patrol reads
megacli -AdpPR -EnblAuto -aALL

# Sets the interval for automatic reads to 1 hour - it only
# accepts whole numbers so that's the lowest you can go
megacli -AdpPR -SetDelay 1 -aALL

Some other useful ones:

# Patrol read settings and information
megacli -AdpPR -Info -aALL

# Extended information
megacli -AdpAllInfo -aALL

# Export controller's event log to file
megacli -AdpEventLog -IncludeDeleted -f <fileName> -aALL

# More logging
megacli -FwTermLog -Dsply -aALL