Date:      Thu, 15 Jun 1995 21:16:53 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Rashid Karimov." <rashid@haven.ios.com>
To:        davide@GALACTICA.IT (Dott. Davide Tome')
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: add a new disk

			Hi there ppl,

> Hi guys,
>
> I'd like to know how to add a new SCSI disk to my FreeBSD 2.0 ..... I mean,
> whitch is the operations I have to do to Mount a new SCSI disk in my UNIX
> system (E.g. fdisk, mount, etc....)

	If and when you'll be finally frustrated by this,
	try to use following procedure:

-	install the second HD and connect it
-	boot from install floppy
-	system will show you both HD's ( or more)
-	choose 'em all for the install
-	-=- do not touch 1 HD , which already carries
	the system - do NOT partition it and do not
	disklabel it. Do not ask system to modify
	boot sector .
-	Tell the system the mountpoints for the partitions
	on the first HD.
-	partition second HD in the way you want and
	disklabel it
-	choose FTP install,some _nonexisting site
	to grab distrib from , say ftp://qpwoeiru, and do and COMMIT
	System will partition  _only second HD for you, disklabel
	it and write down new fstab into /etc/fstab and will fail
	trying to find bogus ftp site to grab install from.
- 	quit the install

	That simple :)))
	It'll take 10 minutes ... probably

	Rashid