Date:      Fri, 15 Jul 2011 10:42:03 -0400
From:      Jerry <jerry@seibercom.net>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: help

On Thu, 14 Jul 2011 21:25:41 -0300
Mario Lobo articulated:

> On Thursday 14 July 2011 20:06:06 Erman Z=C3=BClf=C3=BCkaro=C4=9Flu wrote:
> > Hi , I try to mount free bsd to Windows sharing folder.
> > mount_smbs -I 10.0.0.x  /10.0.0.x/share folder name /mnt/mount
> > folder
> >=20
> > but i can't.
> > mount_smbfs=3Dunable open to connection syserr=3Dconnection refused
> >=20
> > samba installed.
>=20
> Which windows version?=20
> Is the folder shared properly? Win 7 is pretty rough on sharing
> folders.

=46rom the Windows command line run: net share

A list of all presently shared directories will be displayed. Make sure
the one you want is listed.

Making sure that the share exists, try this command substituting your
own values. IE, replace "laptop" & "user" & "ShareName" with your data.
Make sure the mount point does physically exist before running the
command.

 mount_smbfs -I laptop -U user //user@laptop/ShareName /mnt

I will most likely ask for your password. Obviously you will need it to
proceed.

You also might want to check your "/etc/hosts" file to be sure it is
correct.

You may need to use the "-W" option depending on how your system is
configured. I would avoid the use of a

This works on all versions of Windows I have tried/used since Win2K.

Personally, I avoid the "nsmb.conf", "~/.nsmbrc" files as I consider
them security threats. If you must use on, be sure to encrypt your
password. See: NSMB.CONF(5) for details.

--=20
Jerry =E2=9C=8C
jerry+fbsd@seibercom.net

Disclaimer: off-list followups get on-list replies or ignored.
Do not CC this poster. Please do not ignore the "Reply-To" header.