Date:      Mon, 12 Nov 2018 00:23:21 +0100
From:      Wolfgang Zenker <wolfgang@lyxys.ka.sub.org>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   epair(4) and net.route.netisr_maxqlen

Hi,

on a jail with quite a lot of somewhat bursty network traffic I get
warnings from netdata recently about packets being dropped because of
net.route.netisr_maxqlen being to small. Before I start setting this
value to some random value I'ld like to find out what it actually means.
A search for documentation turned up nothing; a look at the sources
found that it is used for the size of a "software interrupt queue" in
epair(4). But what does it mean? And does this give me enough
information to find a good value to set for this sysctl?

Wolfgang