Date:      Fri, 27 Sep 1996 15:43:14 -0400
From:      "Frank E. Terhaar-Yonkers" <fty@mcnc.org>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, pjchilds@imforei.apana.org.au
Subject:   Re: Any isa drivers for localtalk avail?

Right, I'm talking about the physical layer.  I have both a (Cayman) Gatorbox
and a Shiva Fastpath to try as well which may, or may not work.  All this
is surplus "give away" junk in unknown condition - except the Dayna cards
which are unused-sealed in the original box.  I'll write the driver if
I can get support from CopsTalk Inc, who has bought the rights to, and is
currently selling the Dayna card.

 >From: Peter Childs <pjchilds@imforei.apana.org.au>
 >
 >In article <199609271254.IAA01418@robin.mcnc.org> you wrote:
 >: Any drivers (FreeBSD/Linux/NetBSD) for hardware appletalk?  I have
 >: a couple of surplus Dayna DL2000 isa cards.  I'd like to build a router
 >: for my son's elementary school until they can find the $ to buy a bunch
 >: of Mac ethernet cards.
 >
 > I take it you mean the ISA card interfaces to LocalTalk type
 > networking cable?  I'd say (for freebsd anyway) that nothing like
 > this has been developed.
 >
 > The 2.2-current kernel has appletalk code in it for the protocol
 > stack, but as for drivers i think your stuck.
 >
 > I think there is a product called the Webster GatorBox that
 > will let you route LocalTalk onto EtherNet(ie EtherTalk) which
 > will talk to a FreeBSD 2.2-current box running netatalk fine
 > (for print/file sharing).
 >
 > Peter
 >
 >--
 > Peter Childs  ---  http://www.imforei.apana.org.au/~pjchilds
 >  Finger pjchilds@al.imforei.apana.org.au for public PGP key
 >         Drag me, drop me, treat me like an object!

Frank Terhaar-Yonkers,  Manager
High Performance Computing and Communications Research
MCNC
PO Box 12889	3021 Cornwallis Road
Research Triangle Park,  North Carolina  27709-2889
fty@mcnc.org   voice (919)248-1417   FAX (919)248-1455

http://www.mcnc.org/hpcc.html