Date:      Fri, 6 Jul 2001 00:30:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Thomas Quinot <thomas@cuivre.fr.eu.org>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/28736: sysctl -a: kernel trap 12.

The following reply was made to PR kern/28736; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Thomas Quinot <thomas@cuivre.fr.eu.org>
To: Dima Dorfman <dima@unixfreak.org>
Cc: Thomas Quinot <thomas@cuivre.fr.eu.org>,
	FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 09:29:35 +0200

 Le 2001-07-06, Dima Dorfman écrivait :

 > > 	Running 'sysctl -a' reproduceably causes a null pointer dereference
 > > 	in kernel:
 > This was only broken for a period of about a day and a half.  Upgrade
 > to a more recent -stable.

 I cvsupped to today's -stalbe, remade kernel and reproduced the crash.
 Is a 'make world' required as well?

 (also note that this is not the same problem as PR misc/27706,
 if that's the one you were referring to: here we're having
 a kernel trap 12, not a freeze.)

 Thomas.

 --
     Thomas.Quinot@Cuivre.FR.EU.ORG