Date:      Mon, 11 Dec 1995 12:06:58 +0100 (MET)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        kallio@jyu.fi (Seppo Kallio)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Connectix QuickCam

> It seems hard to get info about Connectix QuickCam from Connectix.
>
> What kind of tools there is to trace the parallel port data traffic in
> FreeBSD or MS Windows.

one thing I have successfully used (but for DOS applications) is to
run the programs on a modified version of "pcemu", which would allow me
to log (and even analyse in real time) all sort of things that were
done on IO ports.

This is limited to DOS, text-only applications because pcemu does not
support windows or graphics.

Other than that, you might try using a Logic State Analyzer hooked at
the parallel port.

> BTW: Is it illegal to trace this kind of data and publish it as C-kode?

I really don't know. Usually Terry has an answer for everything...

	Luigi
Luigi Rizzo                     Dip. di Ingegneria dell'Informazione
email: luigi@iet.unipi.it       Universita' di Pisa
tel: +39-50-568533              via Diotisalvi 2, 56126 PISA (Italy)
fax: +39-50-568522              http://www.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/