Date:      Tue, 17 Feb 2009 03:36:33 -0800 (PST)
From:      Unga <unga888@yahoo.com>
To:        "Paul B. Mahol" <onemda@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: libxine-1.1.15_3 is probably broken

--- On Tue, 2/17/09, Paul B. Mahol <onemda@gmail.com> wrote:

> From: Paul B. Mahol <onemda@gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: libxine-1.1.15_3 is probably broken
> To: unga888@yahoo.com
> Cc: freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
> Date: Tuesday, February 17, 2009, 5:11 PM
> On 2/17/09, Unga <unga888@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > --- On Tue, 2/17/09, Paul B. Mahol
> <onemda@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> From: Paul B. Mahol <onemda@gmail.com>
> >> Subject: Re: libxine-1.1.15_3 is probably broken
> >> To: unga888@yahoo.com
> >> Cc: freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
> >> Date: Tuesday, February 17, 2009, 12:50 AM

> play music
> >> either directly through
> badly.
> >> Open sound (OSS) is the

> Mplayer as OSS
> >> as the backend.

> >> libxine-1.1.15_3?

> libxine to
> >> version 1.1.16.2.
> >> http://sourceforge.net/projects/xine . May this
> libxine.

> >> 1.1.15_3 works fine for me.
> >>
> > Hi Paul, thanks for the reply. This is the issue that
> I'm talking about:
> > http://www.4front-tech.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2954
> >
> > It can possibly be a configuration issue too. If you
> don't mind, please
> > attach or send me following:
> > 1. .xine/config
> > 2. .kde/share/apps/amarok/xine-config
> >

> After more time of using xine-ui, I experienced high use of
> CPU,
> removing .xine fixed it, maybe it was related to visuals
> efects(I played
> little with it).
>
> I dont use amarok.
>
> Are you using OSS from ports?

Yes, I use OSS from ports, ie. compiled from sources.

Now after playing with audio.oss_sync_method, it seems xine is now playing ok. But there is a slight audible clip sound once in a while, like when you play LP records when there is a bit of dust. The value for audio.oss_sync_method is getoptr. That's what was originally.

But when play a 3 minute song in amarok, it just play fast forward in less than a second.

Unga