Date:      Fri, 12 Apr 2002 08:21:06 +0100
From:      Theo Pagtzis <t.pagtzis@cs.ucl.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: locale problems with linux 7.1 base upgrade

I forgot to say that the problem has been that the

"current locale is not supported in X11, locale is set to CX locale
modifiers are not supported, trying C locale"

and for netscape

netscape: locale `C' not supported.

        If the $XNLSPATH directory does not contain the proper config
files,
        Netscape will crash the first time you try to paste into a text
        field.  (This is a bug in the X11R5 libraries against which this
        program was linked.)

        Since neither X11R4 nor X11R6 come with these config files, we
have
        included them with the Netscape distribution.  The normal place
        for these files is /usr/X11/lib/X11/nls/.
    If you can't create that
        directory, you should set the $XNLSPATH environment variable to
        point at the place where you installed the files.

Bus error (core dumped)

any help would be appreciated

Theo