Date:      Sun, 10 May 1998 20:35:54 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Ted Stein <ted@taki.net>
To:        "Joseph M. Scott" <jmscott@ainet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Linux as a Mozilla total reference platform

On Sun, 10 May 1998, Joseph M. Scott wrote:

> 	Actually my understanding is that there is another company
> selling FreeBSD cds, Cheap Bytes I believe is what it's called.  I
> personally have never compared the two, but I as I understand it they are
> basically a more stripped down set compared to Walnut Creek's set.  I
> don't know for sure, but I do recall a discussion about it at one time,
> either in the newsgroups ( comp.os.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc if I recall
> correctly ) or on one or more of the freebsd lists.

	That is correct. Cheap*Bytes does sell FreeBSD CDs.

> 	This is a little different than what I understand is happening
> with Cheap Bytes, they are putting together their own distribution I
> believe.  I would not claim to know details as to what's going on, I'm
> sure there are others with a better understanding of what that
> relationship looks like.

	That is semi-correct. Cheap*Bytes does cell a $2 CD with the
latest -release on it. I doubt that they make their own distribution. They
also sell what Walnut Creek does, for about $20 less (in reference to the
4 CDs and Greg's book).

               Ted Stein             http://www.taki.net
              CGI/Backend               ted@taki.net
             taki solutions         Web Design & Hosting

	"What goes around usually gets dizzy and falls over."