Date:      Tue, 3 Mar 1998 15:39:05 -0800 (PST)
From:      Tom <tom@uniserve.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, sthaug@nethelp.no, dannyman@sasquatch.dannyland.org, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Fund

  I'm not much interested in CD subscriptions, as they are out of date by
the time they arrive.

  What about a special net subscription, which gives you a login id and
password for a FTP/WWW server that gives you guarrenteed access?  I hate
it when I need to get something (last time was a copy of committlogs to
see what had changes in libc_r), and ftp.freebsd.org is full.

  Also, another subscription service that would interesting in binary
patchkits via the net.  Send out e-mail to paying members notifying of
them of significant patch kits available, and provide a single command
interface for install.  You'd have to pay for a part-time person to keep
together a patch-building system though.  I personally spend a _lot_ of
resources doing this via buildworld, installworld, etc.  I wonder how many
more companies do this.

Tom