Date:      Mon, 14 Nov 2005 18:15:33 +0000
From:      Alex Zbyslaw <xfb52@dial.pipex.com>
To:        bob self <bobself@charter.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How can I install xorg-clients?

bob self wrote:

> after doing a portupgrade today I've got things messed up. I didn't
> read /usr/ports/UPDATING. I have now un-installed xterm and
> xorg-clients and am now trying to put them back in. I'm trying
> xorg-clients first but I get this error.
>
> xdriinfo.o(.text+0x5b): In function `main':
> : undefined reference to `glXGetProcAddress'
> *** Error code 1

Use portdowngrade to downgrade both ports back to versions which worked
then re-install them.  Once that's done it's safe to cvsup the ports
again as long as you don't delete them.  Once this problem is fixed you
can upgrade the ports.  See a thread on the same topic from about two
minutes ago :-)

This has nothing to do with UPDATING, by the way.  Yes that tells you
what order to do the upgrade but doesn't tell you what to do when the
upgrade fails.

--Alex