Date:      Tue, 27 Jul 1999 13:51:05 -0400
From:      David Nobles <David.Nobles@wcom.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   CDROM not found

Sorry for the repetition.  I realize this is a common problem from
looking through the questions and hacker archives. I read several
questions but didn't find any solutions.

I'm trying to install freeBSD 3.0 onto my Win98 machine an old Dell LE
486 66 MHz machine with 16 MB and two hard drives.

 The first is a 325 MB drive with Windows installed.
The second is a Quantum 2.1G drive and that is where I'd like to put
freeBSD.

Problem right now is that when I boot to the MS-DOS prompt to do the
install the system doesn't recognize the CD-ROM.  I've tried modifying
the Config.sys and Autoexec.bat several ways but can't get it to work.

The CD-ROM is from Creative Labs.  Just to let everyone know my
knowledge of any flavor of Unix is small so please keep that in mind
when replying.  Windows is a only a little better since my background is
mostly mainframe.

Any help would be appreciated.

David Nobles
DNobles@dnobles.com