Date:      Wed, 9 Jun 2010 09:49:40 +0700
From:      "Rashid N. Achilov" <achilov-rn@askd.ru>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dbus_enable and hald_enable

On Wednesday 09 June 2010, Paweł Grzyb wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
>    can you explain to me what is it : dbus_enable="YES" and
> hald_enable="YES" in file /etc/rc.conf? What is their function?

In explicit correspondence with their names, these settings enable to run dbus
and hald. dbus is a D-Bus messaging daemon, hald is a HAL daemon. These
programs are using in X environment to automount DVD's, flashcards and
another, even mices and keyboards

Since Xorg 1.7.5 running dbus and hald is required in some hardware equipment.
--
   With Best Regards.
   Rashid N. Achilov (RNA1-RIPE), JID: citycat4@jabber.infos.ru