Date:      Thu, 29 Jun 2000 01:22:37 -0400
From:      Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>
To:        "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@flood.ping.uio.no>, FreeBSD Ports <ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: ports/news/diablo Makefile ports/news/diablo/files md5 post-install-notes ports/news/diablo/patches patch-aa ports/news/diablo/pkg INSTALL MESSAGE COMMENT DESCR PLIST ports/news/diablo/scripts diablo.sh createuser

[ moving to -ports ]

On Wed, Jun 28, 2000 at 10:09:05PM -0700, David O'Brien wrote:
> It has no point.  (other than the $FreeBSD$)

So maybe we ought to abolish the ports' headers completely, as NetBSD
has done some time ago?

What does everyone else think?  This would not be a functional change;
it only requires a small script to go through the entire tree and rip
out the comment headers except for

# $FreeBSD$

.. which I think is the only thing necessary.

--
Will Andrews <andrewsw@purdue.edu> <will@FreeBSD.org>