Date:      Mon, 12 May 2003 03:32:43 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug Barton <DougB@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Ceri Davies <setantae@submonkey.net>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Source of cvs commit

On Mon, 12 May 2003, Ceri Davies wrote:

> >  - if yes, why not to add line reffering directly to web-cvs so I can just
> > cut/paste it to my favourite browser?
>
> It looks really confusing when lots of files have been changed in the same
> commit.  If you want this locally, then check out the cvsmail port.

I have two slightly different answers to that question. First, I think
that the historical weight against "perversion" of e-mail with things like
URL's is really more to blame. Yes, on those rare commits that touch a lot
of files you end up with a lot of links in the e-mail. So what? :)

Second, I have a procmail recipe that not only inserts cvsweb URL's into
commit mail, it also creates links for PR's if present. You can get it at
http://people.freebsd.org/~dougb/

Enjoy,

Doug