Date:      Tue, 4 Apr 2000 22:18:04 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>
To:        Marco Molteni <molter@sofia.csl.sri.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   MPLS (Multiprotocol Label Switching) on FreeBSD?

<<On Tue, 4 Apr 2000 19:09:09 -0700, Marco Molteni <molter@sofia.csl.sri.com> said:

> So I wanted to know if someone has worked on this stuff on a FreeBSD
> box

Well, yes and no.  The Ipsilon product (which through some twists and
turns became the Nokia IP4000) was a PC running FreeBSD 2.x.  (I think
it may have been 2.1 or a very early 2.2 -- it's been too long since I
looked at it.)  [The people I was working for at the time were
research partners of some of the technical principals at Ipsilon and
got access to the source code.  We tried to do something interesting
with it but could not make it work properly on our COTS hardware.]

-GAWollman