Date:      Mon, 25 Mar 2002 13:52:49 -0500 (EST)
From:      Nikolaus Hiebaum <news@hiebaum.org>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   firewall & ntpdate

Hi -

I have two questions:

1) deals with firewall(s): I wanted to use my OpenBSD firewall (ipf based)
on my FreeBSD box, but it appears the syntax doesn't fit.
e..g.,
pass in log quick on ep0 proto tcp from XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX/16 to any port = 22

When doing ipf -Fa -vf /etc/ipf.rules it would "say" for the above
mentioned line: ioctl (add/insert rule): Bad file descriptor

So, instead I am using ipfw.rules, and I'm using the sample script as
found in the FreeBSD handbook. It works all right, but how can I reload
a new ruleset. I use ipfw -f flush, but this does not seem to reload a new
ruleset.

2) Time Synchronization:
ntpdate -d -u -v 129.6.15.28

results in "no server suitable for synchronization found". Any ideas?

--
CU, Niki
*Draft beer, not people*